My work focuses on prejudice and face perception. I am also interested and working on social categorization, knowledge representation, and evolutionary processes, using virtual reality and reverse correlation methods.
Presently, I am assistant professor at Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands. In 2011, I worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Princeton University with Alexander Todorov. Before that, I worked on my PhD on visual stereotypes and face categorization, advised by Daniël Wigboldus and Ad van Knippenberg. I defended my dissertation on January 18, 2011, and received my PhD cum laude.
Please visit http://ron.dotsch.org for more information.
- Neuroscience, Psychophysiology
- Person Perception
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Langner, O., Dotsch, R., Bijlstra, G., Wigboldus, D. H. J., Hawk, S. T., & van Knippenberg, A. (2010). Presentation and validation of the Radboud Faces Database. Cognition and Emotion, 24(8), 1377-1388.
- Dotsch, R., & Todorov, A. (2012). Reverse correlating social face perception. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 3(5), 562-571.
- Karremans, J. C., Dotsch, R., & Corneille, O. (2011). Romantic relationship status biases memory of faces of attractive opposite-sex others: Evidence from a reverse-correlation paradigm. Cognition, 121(3), 422-426.
- Müller, B. C. N., Kühn, S., Van Baaren, R. B., Dotsch, R., Brass, M., & Dijksterhuis, A. (2011). Perspective taking eliminates differences in co-representation of out-group members’ actions. Experimental Brain Research.
- Imhoff, R.*, Dotsch, R.*, Bianchi, M., Banse, R., & Wigboldus, D. H. J. (2011). Facing Europe: Visualizing spontaneous ingroup projection. Psychological Science, 22, 1583-1590. * Equal contribution
- Todorov, A., Dotsch, R., Wigboldus, D. H. J., & Said, C. P. (2011). Data-driven methods for modeling social perception. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 5, 775-791.
- Dotsch, R., Wigboldus, D. H. J., & van Knippenberg, A. (2011). Biased allocation of faces to social categories. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 100, 999-1014.
- Said, C. P., Dotsch, R., & Todorov, A. (2010). The amygdala and FFA track both social and non-social face dimensions. Neuropsychologia, 48, 3596-3605.
- Frankenhuis, W. E., Dotsch, R., Karremans, J. C., & Wigboldus, D. H. J. (2010). Male physical risk taking in a virtual environment. Journal of Evolutionary Psychology, 8, 75-86.
- Dotsch, R., & Wigboldus, D. H. J. (2008). Virtual prejudice. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44, 1194-1198.
- Dotsch, R., Wigboldus, D. H. J., Langner, O., & Van Knippenberg, A. (2008). Ethnic out-group faces are biased in the prejudiced mind. Psychological Science, 19, 978-980.
- Conscious and Unconscious Processes
- Programming for the Behavioural Sciences (R & Python)
Department of Social and Cultural Psychology
Radboud University Nijmegen
P.O. Box 9104
6500 HE Nijmegen
- Phone: +31 24 361 00 81